“His guitar work is superb – good blues player!” (Jim McIntosh Just Jazz Magazine)
Jeen Rabs A Dutch Guitarplayer living in Amsterdam. He has performed with a wide variety of artists and bands such as Dutch Swing College Band, Scott Hamilton and Lucien Barbarin. As a member of The Holland Big band and other bands he accompanied a white variety of artists such as Wayne Bergeron, Benny Bailey, Toots Thielemans.
Jeen composes for his own bands the Fours. In 2017 he released his third cd (Catch my Kitsch) He got his master degree at the Royal Conservatory The Hague in 1999 and studied with David Gilmore in New York, Ricardo Silveira in Rio de Janeiro and Phillip Catherine in Brussels aswel. Jeen continues to perform and record with Zandscape (with Deborah Carter) his own band “The Fours” and Irish composer Stano.
2022 Stano – In Between silence vol. 2 (Loscann Records)
2021 Project – It’s Just Like Meeting Picasso (Louder Than War Records)
2021 Stano – Life Streams Through (Loscann Records)
2019 Stano-A Seagull that flew into another world (Loscann Records)
2019 Zandscape with Deborah Carter (DOT Records) (Vinyl)
2018 Stano-Dream Like Silence (Loscann Records)
2017 Jeen Rabs-Catch my Kitsch
2016 Stano-In Between Silence, where we really exist (Vinyl) (Loscann Records)
2016 Zandzemble (Dot Time Records)
2015 Talking to my father (Doc.) (Looppline film)
2014 Áine Duffy-With bells on (Eire Supply)
2014 Stano-Decoder (Loscann Records)
2013 Holland Big Band-Push Forward (Jazzshop records)
2013 Stano-Unknown Distance (Loscann Records)
2009 Zub-Keep on Smilin’ Spicy (Jazzshop records)
2009 Holland Big Band-LIVE (Jazzshop records) Soon on Spotify
2007 Holland Big Band – Happy House (Jazzshop records) Soon on Spotify
2004 Jeen Rabs- Green Eggs
Complete discography on Discogs:
Performed with (among others):
- Bands; Highlight Jazz Orchestra, Bernard Berkhout Swingmates, Bernard Berkhout Swing Orchestra, Zoot, Holland Big Band, Dutch Swing College Band, Zandscape, Zandzemble, Senta a Pua, Laagland Theater, Opera Zuid, The Fours.
- Saxophoneplayers; Peter King, Ferdinand Povel, Scott Hamilton, Tineke Postema, Benjamin Herman.
- Singers; Sandra Reemer, Antje Monteiro, Tony Neef, Paul Ambach (Boogie Boy) Erwin Bouterse, Louis Windzak, Lee Towers, Jeroen van der Boom, Fay Claassen, Simone Roerade, Donna Lynton, Lilian Day Jackson, Pia Douwes, Denise Jannah, Ken Ard, Lady Linn, Lils Mackintosh, Oscar Harris, Laura Fygi, Karin Bloemen, Babette van Veen, Izaline Calister, Edsilia Rombley, Greetje Kauffeld, Deborah Carter, Rebecca Parris, Edwin Rutten, David Dam, Shirma Rouse.
- Trumpetplayers; Wayne Bergeron Eric Vloeimans, Benny Bailey, Ack van Rooyen, James Morrison, Roger Ingram, Eric Miyashiro, Lee Thornburg, Greg Bowen, Louis Dowdeswell, Thomas Gansch, Rik Mol.
- Other; Toots Thielemans, Thijs van Leer, Jamal Thomas, Barry Harris, Rob Agerbeek, Lucien Barbarin, Buddy Wachter, Park Stickney.
Performed in (among other places):
- Brazil 2006/2016/2018
- Ireland 2011/2013/2014/2016/2018/2021
- Thailand 2014/2016
- Great Britain 2004/2012/2014/2015
- Uganda 2013
- Berlin 2012
- New York 2003
- Egypt 2002/2003
- Ethiopia 2000
- 2006 Rio de Janeiro-Ricardo Silveira, Nelson Faria, Luciana Rabello
- 2003 New York -David Gilmore
- 1996 Brussels-Phillipe Catherine
- 1992-1998 Royal Conservatory The Hague; Peter Nieuwerf, Eef Albers, Tal Farlow, Frans Elsen, John Aebercrombie + Workshops with Dave Liebman, Joe Labarbara, Jamaaladeen Tacuma
- 1980-1992 Classical and Jazzguitar with Remco de Haan, Peter van Elswijk and Winfred Buma